The Netherlands is located in northwestern Europe and is bordered by the North Sea to the north and west, Belgium to the south, and Germany to the east.
Geography: The Netherlands is located in northwestern Europe and is known for its flat landscape and numerous canals and waterways. It is famous for its tulip fields and windmills.
Where is Netherlands?
Demographics: The population of the Netherlands is approximately 17.5 million people, with the majority of the population concentrated in urban areas such as Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and The Hague. The country is known for its diverse and inclusive society, with a large immigrant population.
Map of Netherlands
Economy: The Netherlands has a highly developed economy and is one of the largest exporters of agricultural products in the world. It is also a hub for international trade and transportation, with major ports such as Rotterdam and Amsterdam serving as important centers for shipping and logistics. Additionally, the country is home to several international companies and has a strong services sector.
Tourism is an important part of the Netherlands’ economy, with millions of visitors every year. The country is known for its picturesque cities, charming countryside, and rich cultural heritage. Some of the most popular tourist attractions in the Netherlands include:
- Amsterdam: The capital city is famous for its canals, museums, and nightlife. Visitors can explore the city’s famous museums, such as the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum, or take a bike tour through the city’s charming streets and canals.
- Keukenhof Gardens: These famous tulip gardens are located in Lisse and are one of the largest flower gardens in the world. They are open to visitors from late April to mid-May each year.
- The Hague: The third largest city in the Netherlands is home to numerous international organizations, including the International Court of Justice, and is known for its beautiful beaches and historic architecture.
- Utrecht: This ancient city is known for its well-preserved medieval architecture and historic churches, as well as its lively student culture.
- Zaanse Schans: This historic village is located just outside of Amsterdam and is famous for its well-preserved windmills and traditional Dutch architecture.
The largest cities in the Netherlands are:
Here are the 10 largest cities in the Netherlands, ranked by population.
- Amsterdam – approximately 873,000 people
- Rotterdam – approximately 633,000 people
- The Hague – approximately 526,000 people
- Utrecht – approximately 334,000 people
- Eindhoven – approximately 232,000 people
- Tilburg – approximately 213,000 people
- Almere – approximately 200,000 people
- Breda – approximately 180,000 people
- Nijmegen – approximately 165,000 people
- Enschede – approximately 160,000 people – 90,506
Netherlands Satellite Map
Author: Arif Cagrici – Head of Digital